There is always a light

There is always a light
Don't be afraid if you are alone or surrounded by darkness. In some part of the world, the day has just begun. There is a always a light waiting for you to find your way to touch its radiance.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Miss You....

By Pritha Lal
Springville, Utah, USA
Your summer skies and winter morn,
 
Your fiery twilights with thoughts forlorn,
 
Your calming nights, your soothing breeze,

Your affection to make me smile with ease.

 

Your places of worship that so abound,

Your cacophony that can still every sound,
 
Your colors, your rivers, your very milieu
 
In your thoughts I find the essence of life, anew.


 
You can lose oneself in your crowds they say,

You are a plethora of texture in every which way,
 
Your heart holds us all with love and pride

Never turning away anyone who has sought your side.



Oceans away from your shores, I may wake up this day,

Not a word will escape my lips, for you to hear me say,
 
For all the cynicism you may think about me to be true,
 
In my silence and in my words, I will always miss you….

 

(a dedication to my country on our 62nd Republic Day celebrated on Jan 26th )

No comments:

Post a Comment