There is always a light

There is always a light
Don't be afraid if you are alone or surrounded by darkness. In some part of the world, the day has just begun. There is a always a light waiting for you to find your way to touch its radiance.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Smile

By Hayden Brame
St Helens, Oregon, USA


I envy you
Your fame
And the speculation
Surrounding your name
I envy
Your beauty
So easily portrayed
And the portrait
Priceless
In its rarity


I do not envy
Your sad sad eyes
Or the secrets
Abounding behind them
I don't envy you
Your tragic life
That made you lose
The ability to smile
I don't envy you
The master behind the artwork
That knew now
What could pull a grin
Out of the recesses
Of your despairing face

I envy your notorious fame
But not the story
Behind the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment